Friday 1 May 2015

Hue and Contrast


I began experimenting with a picture of a Honey Badger because animals can be inspiring for artists and a Honey Badger is a specifically interesting animal.


I experimented with the Hue and Contrast on Photoshop in order to make it look as if the badger is walking through a red field. Honey Badger's have a reputation for being vicious and aggressive and this is why I have made field red as if to look like he is walking through blood. 


My final experimentation with this image was to initially make the field a toxic green colour, I then added two skull and crossbones to make it look as if the Badger itself is toxic. I have also written beware in order to enforce the fact that this Badger is dangerous and therefore you must stay away.  


My main idea with this design was to make the image look like a retro video game like Tekken for example. I have used the Hue and Contrast to turn the image into a dull black and white as this attracts attention towards the health bar I have included at the top of the page. Finally, I added the names of the animals into these health bars to reinforce the fact that these two animals are fighting. 




No comments:

Post a Comment