Friday 24 April 2015

Packaging Ideas


My next initial design is inspired by phone cases with a pull tab, this is a piece of string that once pulled raises the phone out of the case. I believe I could use this device on an album cover so when you pull the tab the CD will come out, I believe this is a unique design for an album cover and this could tempt people into purchasing the album. I understand this idea may seem more like packaging than design however I believe that the innovative nature of the packaging is the most important part of the design.

My final initial idea was to use a belt buckle on an album, this means that in order to open up the album you would have to undo the buckle. I understand that this could be a fairly complicated design however I believe the final result would look good as the leather of the belt would look good on an album. I believe the introduction of the belt buckle will be more of a design feature than a packaging feature because it will become the most interesting and attractive thing on the album cover instantly because it is so unique. 


Another idea I had regarding packaging was an envelope, this packaging is a traditional envelope with a CD inside as opposed to a letter. I believe this simple yet interesting design will be very popular amongst anyone aged between 12-29 because it is fun and unique. 

No comments:

Post a Comment