Friday 24 April 2015

Artist talk, Gig poster, Lauren Rothery


Above you can see the tour poster I designed for my band. I took my inspiration from my actual album design and my band name, I believe the use of the red curtains and a Broadway sign at the top of the poster clearly reflects my design on the album cover, I have also used the same font for the name Steady Dollar that I used on the album cover in order to create a real band identity. I have also used dollar bills to symbolize my band name Steady Dollar, I believe the money falling from the sky and the pile of money at the bottom makes my poster very interesting and attractive to the general public. 

Lauren Rothery


Lauren Rothery is a Plymouth based artist specializing in band posters, Rothery works at the Underground in Plymouth which is a live music venue in Plymouth. The first poster I will be analyzing is for a gig by We Are The Ocean and Twin Wild at the Underground in Plymouth. Rothery has managed to visually portray the two bands well in this poster, firstly she has used two children snorkeling to represent we are the ocean, also Rothery has included two children specifically in order to represent Twin Wild. 


The second poster I will be analyzing is for a gig by Smokin Durrys, Tinned Fruit and Last One Out at the Underground in Plymouth. The design of this poster has been tailored toward one of the bands specifically and I can only assume that this is because they are headlining the gig, Rothery has put all of the band names onto a tin and clearly this is to represent the band Tinned Fruit. I also like how Rothery has put the date of the gig in the middle of the tin a lot like an expiration date on food because clearly the gig will be over after the date 16-3-15. The vibrant purple on the top of the tin makes the band name Smokin Durrys stand out, also I like how Rothery has put the band name Last One Out as the last band on the list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment